Throwing a Halloween party for teenagers can be challenging for the adults in charge. Coming up with entertaining ideas for party games may seem daunting. However, with a little bit of ingenuity a teen party can turn into a smashing success. I’ve included some popular Halloween teen party games below.
Pumpkin Toss & Smash
The Pumpkin Toss & Smash game is best done outside on a long driveway. Here’s how to play:
- Each teen gets 3 small real pumpkins.
- A target of three empty trash cans in a triangle is set up.
- Teens take turns tossing their pumpkins at the target.
- If pumpkin is smashed without knocking down the cans = 2 points.
- If the pumpkin isn’t smashed and the cans are not knocked down = 0 points.
- Cans down and pumpkin smashed = 10 points.
- Most points wins a prize.
- Get a bunch of orange and black extra-large t-shirts or sweatshirts.
- Blow up a lot of orange and black balloons.
- Have teens pick teams.
- Give one team black shirts and one team orange shirts.
- Have teens put on shirts.
- Each team member tries to stuff as many balloons as possible without breaking them into their shirts within a short time.
- The team with the most balloons in their shirts nor popped wins.
Make Your Own Candy Challenge
For this game you will need:
- A kitchen.
- Two double boiler pans.
- Two large mixing bowls.
- Two sets of measuring cups.
- Two sets of measuring spoons.
- 2 large mixing spoons.
- 2 large 13 x 9 pans lined with foil.
- Two five-pound bags of white sugar.
- 4 large bags of chocolate chips.
- 4 cans sweetened condensed milk.
- 2 large containers of marshmallow fluff.
- 2 sticks of margarine.
How to play:
- Now pick teams.
- Give each team one double boiler pan, one mixing bowl, one set of measuring cups and spoons, one mixing spoon, one bag of sugar, 2 bags of chocolate chips, 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk, a stick of margarine, and one foil lined pan.
- Working together team members must figure out how to make chocolate fudge from their ingredients. (No looking up recipes online allowed.)
- The best fudge gets the winning team members cool prizes. (Decide who judges the fudge before hand.)
This is a lot of fun both for the adults to watch and the teens.
Mall Scavenger Hunt
- Pick teams.
- Each team selects a team captain.
- The adult in charge gives the team captain $20. and a list of inexpensive items. A time limit is also given. The teams are driven to the nearest mall.
- The team who is able to purchase the most items for $20 wins.
- All receipts must be saved.
- The winning team gets to divide all the items both teams purchased.
Teens love this one, so do adults. The adults get to hang out in the food court, while the teens go off and have fun.
Keith B. Auerbach writes for several online website including, Dark Halloween Costumes. For more Halloween party games and costume ideas visit: Dark Halloween Costumes
Article Source: EzineArticles.com