These little fellas are sure to please trick-or-treaters and they make great Halloween party treats!
Here’s how to make them.
Frankenstein Cake Pops
What you need:
- 1 box of cake mix with recipe
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of frosting, depending on the cake size
- White candy melts
- Green food coloring
- 1 small tube of black gel icing
- Lollipop sticks
- Cake pop stand
- Double boiler (optional)
How to make:
- Make the cake according to instructions, but use only half of the oil listed, to make a better consistency for cake pops
- Set cake aside to cool completely
- Once cooled, in a large mixing bowl, break the cake into crumbs
- Mix the cake crumbs and slowly add the frosting until the dough is the consistency of play-dough
- Flatten out the mixture in a cake pan or glass baking pan and freeze overnight
- Cut the cold cake dough into rectangular pieces and size to your liking. Use the picture as a guide.
- Melt the candy melts in a double boiler or a microwavable bowl until melted, stirring as needed. Be careful not to let the edges burn.
- Add green food coloring to the candy until the color is to your liking
- Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the candy mixture, and then into one of the cake rectangles
- Dip the cake pop into the candy coating until it is covered completely, and then slowly lift, turning so that candy doesn’t drip once the cake pop is turned over.
- Place the cake pop in the cake pop stand and repeat with all of the cake pops
- Allow the cake pops to harden
- Once hardened, decorate your little Frankensteins with black gel icing
Your pops are now ready to serve!