These healthy Halloween snacks won’t leave you feeling guilty after feeding them to the group at your child’s next Halloween party! They’re mostly fruit and peanut butter, and make for unique & tasty Halloween treats that are festive, but not too scary.
They also make for a super fun family activity for the fall!
Green Apple Monsters
Here’s what you need to make them:
- Green apples
- Sunflower seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Edible googly eyes – you can usually purchase these in craft stores and some grocery stores or you can make them with royal icing and chocolate
How to make them:
- Slice the apples into mouth shapes, as shown in the picture
- Slice the strawberries into tongue shaped slices
- Spread peanut butter inside top and bottom of the “mouth”
- Place the strawberry “tongues” in the center of the mouth
- Add the sunflower seed “teeth” by pushing them into the peanut butter
- Stick the googly eyes on using a dab of peanut butter as adhesive