Felt is one of my favorite mediums to work with, and these Halloween felt ghosts are adorable and fun to make with the kids. They’re also incredibly inexpensive! Use them as Halloween decorations or ornaments.
Here’s how to make your own Halloween felt ghosts.
Halloween Felt Ghosts
What you need:
- One or two sheets of white felt and one sheet of black felt. These usually run less than $1 each at craft stores.
- Black embroidery thread
- 1 embroidery needle
How to make:
- Draw the shape of your first ghost onto a white felt sheet with pencil
- Fold the sheet in half so the you can cut two of the exact same ghosts shapes out at the same time
- Using simple embroidery stitches, sew on a mouth and eyes. Make sure to sew on one of the sides that does not show pencil markings.
- Sew the two pieces together using the blanket stitch, leaving a little room at the end for stuffing
- Stuff the ghost according to your liking
- Finish sewing the two pieces together, tying off the end
- Cut out a small circle from the black felt for the eye(s)
- Glue the eye on the ghost according to the picture
- Make additional ghosts and use your creativity to mix things up!