These kids hand print Halloween crafts are great for a spooky good time. These ideas are easy, quick and inexpensive and make a perfect activity for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarten children. Of course, even us “bigger” kids will have a blast making these fun projects. With just a few simple craft supplies, some orange, black and other spooky colored paints and paper you can make several items to hang up for some fun decoration. Wear appropriate clothes for these as it can get messy. This first hand print craft is a spider. Although spiders can be a bit scary these adorable hand printed spiders won’t be too scary for the kids to make.
Hand Print Spider
This first hand print craft is a spider. Although spiders can be a bit scary these adorable hand printed spiders won’t be too scary for the kids to make.
- Card stock or construction paper (any color but black)
- Black tempera or poster paint (or even dark purple and red make a cool spider)
- Googly eyes
- Using the paint brush, completely cover your child’s palm and four fingers. Don’t paint the thumb. Use black paint or the color your child selected for their spider.
- Next have the kids press their hand firmly on the paper spreading their fingers slightly.
- Now paint their other hand all except the thumb.
- Have your child press that hand down on the paper, overlapping the first hand print and making sure the fingers are across from the ones in the original print. This will form the spider’s body and 8 legs.
- The kids can fill in any spots with the paint brush or use their fingers to spread the paint in the gaps. Let this dry completely before the next step.
- Now it’s time to add some eyes. You can use paper cut outs or add some fun wiggle eyes. Just glue these in place and you will have a creepy, crawly spider craft.
Here are some fun ways to add to your Halloween craft.
- Add some glitter glue to make the spider shiny and scary.
- Take some pom poms and cut little pieces to create a fuzzy fur for the spider. Spread the glue around your spider and then gently press the pom pom pieces in place.
- You can dress up your spider with some fun Halloween stickers as well.
Hand Print Ghost
For this Halloween craft idea you will want black paper and white paint to really let your ghost show. This is yet another great Halloween craft idea for toddlers and even younger kids but even big kids love making this one.
- Black card stock or construction paper
- White tempera or poster paint
- Googly eyes
- Using the paint brush, completely cover your child’s entire palm, fingers and thumb with paint.
- Now have them press their hand on the paper firmly with fingers slightly spread apart (not too wide).
- Fill in any gaps with the paintbrush or their fingers.
- Once the paint is dry, glue on some wiggle eyes at the top of the palm area. Cut out a mouth using black paper and glue this on below the eyes.
The fingers become the bottom of the ghost making it look like a torn up sheet and is just too cute to be too scary.
Here are some fun ways to add to your Halloween hand print craft.
- Instead of using wiggle eyes and paper, use black paint to draw on the face and eyes. Make them large and wiggly for a fun look to your ghost.
- By some spider webbing and stretch this out. Then spread glue around the ghost and gently lay the webbing over the glue. Once the glue is dry, cut away any excess webbing.
- Try adding some white glitter to your ghost. Spread some glue around and then sprinkle on the glitter.
Another really fun alternative to this hand print Halloween craft is to make it a footprint ghost. Kids will love how it tickles when you paint their foot. Of course it goes without saying that you want to start with clean feet so have a bucket of water and towel handy so all the kids in the class can clean up first.
For even more hanprint ideas try these Kids Halloween Crafts including a handprint bat craft.
Julie is the author and creator of Cool Kids Craft Ideas where you can find lots of kids crafts, games, coloring and more.
Article Source: EzineArticles.com