Kids love arts and crafts. Get into the ghoulish spirit of Hallowe’en with this fun cupcake decorating idea. Save time by using a store-bought cake mix and icing. Be sure to make the cupcakes a few hours before so they’re well cooled. Perfect for taking to a Hallowe’en party – or enjoying at home.
What you need:
- 24 cupcakes
- 1 container of vanilla icing
- Tube of red icing with a fine tip
- Spatula – for icing cupcakes
- Bounty paper towels
- Before handling any food, make sure kids – and adults – have washed their hands.
- Place Bounty paper towels on the table to keep it tidy.
- Let kids ice the cupcakes using spatulas.
- Once the cupcakes are iced, place a gumball in the centre of the cupcake – eventually it will look like an eyeball.
- Take the red icing tube and draw lines on the cupcake to create the look of bloodshot eyes.
- Place the cupcakes on a serving platter until you’re ready to eat them – or use them in a funny photo.
- When you’re done decorating, wipe down all surfaces with Bounty paper towels – they have the strength, absorbency, and cloth-like durability that you are looking for.