What is any occasion without parties? And the best part of parties, at least for me, other than the food is party favors. I love it when they come in weird forms and shapes. This party favor box is perfect for Halloween parties or even for distributing to ‘trick or treat’-ers!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Black cardstock paper
- NT cutter or X-Acto knife
- Marker (optional)
- Washi tape (optional)
- Lay down the cardstock paper and draw a shape like the one in the image below. The measurements depend on you since they differ with size.
- Using the NT cutter or xacto knife cut along the outer lines, and fold along the inner lines.
- Glue the flaps to the inside of the adjacent sides.
- Do this all around until it becomes a complete box.
- For the lid, trace the shape of the box onto another piece of cardstock paper.
- Draw a flap beside the longer side of the coffin.
- Again, cut along the outer lines and fold along the inner ones.
- Glue the flap of the lid onto the inside of one of the longer sides of the coffin.
- Decorate the box however you like. I just drew a border with a silver marker.
- If you’re using this as a party favor, you could also write the name of the guest on top of this box.
- To close the lid you can just tape or glue it shut
Fill the box with candies and whatever treats you’d like and enjoy welcome your guests with these coffins.